Tuesday, 23 January 2007

Dreamgirls

I loooved this movie... can't wait to get the soundtrack and own a copy of the movie.... i can see why it won 3 Golden Globes. Totally shoulda won more. The main draw to it was Jennifer Hudson, she had such an amazing and powerful voice... how did that little blonde twit beat her at idol last year? coz Jennifer's a "real" woman with curves? Her voice even outshone Beyonce's (though that might have been done purposely in the movie...oops did i give away the plot?, but you know it was based on the Supremes and Diana Ross already...)

There's a new movie coming out on Valentine's day that I'm hoping to see with my hunnie. it looks sooo cute.. can't recall the name but it starrs Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. i adore Drew, and Hugh's always a laugh. I even liked the American Dreams movie....ok ok i admit i like singing and dancing movies...and then there's this other one coming out about a bunch of little kids dancing.. think it was a british film. it was like a mockumentry...it was ballet instead of ballroom like "Mad Hot Ballroom". That's highly recommended as well, if you liked "Spellbound" or "Take the lead" since it was kinda a mixure of both.

so the best movies i've seen since 2006: Little Miss Sunshine, Thank you for Smoking, Dreamgirls!, Casino Royale, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Dead Man's chest.

Other very enjoyable movies I've seen: A Night at the Museum, Marie Antonette, Take the Lead, Mad Hot Ballroom (rented on DVD), Hoodwinked, Over the Hedge, Children of Men, Capote, Shortbus

Yeah I really like to watch movies... I remember in my other job interview, they asked me what do i like to do on weekends.. I told them I liked watching movies... but they said "everyone" says that....though I know, not everyone mean it the way I do.. haha.. well at least now i can say I like to Salsa, cook up a store, hang out at the beach (they all sound better than shopping!)

3 comments:

N3R said...

Hey...I love watching movies too. I used to watch all sorts of movies till Mr BooBoo came along and changed my view on dumb movies which I admit were dumb but common sometimes u just have to watch a dumb movie for the sake of being dumb. (okay I don't think that made sense).
Ah well...I love movies too ok?! I feel your passion. hahahaha...

Can't wait to see Dream Girls

piggiepoo said...

u not only liked to watch "dumb" movies coz they were "popular" u liked to watch dumb movies period...ADMIT it. hahahaha....com'on i betcha loved stuff like Final Destination 3....coz that was ghastly. i got forced into it coz my fren wanted to see his friends handiwork on the special effects technical stuff on the stupid rollar coaster bit.. that's like the firt 10 mins of the movie. then i had to suffered another 1 hr and 40 mins of crap

N3R said...

HEY! I love Final Destinations 3 and the other 2 first ones.

Im glad Mark hasn't come round giving his 2 sense worth on my taste in movies. (If you're reading this, IL think twice about leaving a comment here. =P)